Preparation Time: 30 minutes Baking Time: 15 minutes Kids, ask an adult to help you!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- preserves or jams
- poppy seed filling (store bought)
- prune filling (store bought)
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Mix eggs, vanilla and oil in another bowl.
- Combine both and mix well. The dough should be stiff. Add a little more flour if dough is very soft.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out one half until about 1/3 inch thick.
- Cut into circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place some filling in the center of the circle and pinch the sides up in three places to form a triangle.
- Make sure you make the pinches very near the top of the triangle or the cookie dough will spread open.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 24.
Taken from From Soup to Nosh by the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston.
*Chocolate spread also works well.