0 Items | $0.00
Rosh Hashanah Challah Cover
Stuff you'll need
- Fabric paint
- Cloth napkin or other piece of fabric
- Water cup
- Paper plate or other paint holder
- Old newspaper
Making The Cover
- Lay out newspaper on a table to protect the work surface.
- Lay the napkin or cloth out flat on top of the newspaper.
- Pour a thin layer of paint onto a paper plate.
- Carefully cut the apple in half from top to bottom. Ask an adult for help if you need it.
- Dip the cut side of one of the apple halves into the paint. Make sure it coats the apple evenly.
- Press the painted side of the apple into the cloth. Press hard!
- Pick up the apple, being careful not to smear the paint.
- Use the paintbrush to fill in any unwanted gaps in the apple design on the cloth.
- Repeat the process until you have as many apples on the cloth as you want.
- Using a clean thin brush, you can paint stems on the apples.
- You may want to leave some room so that you can write on the challah cover. We chose to write Ha-Motzi Lechem, part of the blessing made on challah. You could also write Hag Sameach (happy holiday), L'shanah Tovah Umetukah (to a good and sweet year) or any other message you would like. You can write either with a marker or with paint.
- When you are done painting and decorating your challah cover, allow it time to dry.
- Enjoy your challah cover!