0 Items | $0.00
Ten Ways to Fight Hunger
- Tell 5 friends and relatives about hunger in the U.S.
- Once a month, don't make that non-essential purchase and save the money for hunger relief.
- Start a food drive of your own at your school or synagogue.
- Don't waste. Take only what you're going to eat.
- Grow a garden and donate the food. Get your friends to help you or start their own.
- In honor of next year's Hunger Action Month (in September), write an article about hunger for your school's newspaper or a letter to the editor of your local paper.
- Bring your own lunch and donate what you would've spent on school lunch to a hunger relief organization.
- Write to your representatives and senators in Congress to ask for more programs to help the hungry. Find your representative.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or food bank. Food bank locator: http://www.feedingamerica.org/zip_code.jsp
- Spend a few minutes on freerice.com. You'll practice vocab and for every answer you get right, they'll donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger.