Behrman House Online Store
The Teacher Training Manual: Six Steps to Success in the Classroom
This 64-page workbook will help principals and supervisors train teachers to build their skills and confidence in the classroom. The manual is divided into six training sessions, called workshops, each devoted to a separate topic such as what makes a Jewish classroom distinctive, the different ways students learn, the theory of lesson planning, and practical ways to manage the classroom. Teachers learn how to create a master calendar for the teaching year, how to build dynamic bulletin boards, how to work effectively with madrichim, and how to include students with learning differences.
Workshop 1: Why Be a Jewish Teacher?
Workshop 2: Planning for a Great Year
Workshop 3: Creating Effective and Engaging Lessons
Workshop 4: Managing the Jewish Classroom
Workshop 5: How Students Learn
Workshop 6: Teaching Students with Learning Differences
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Real-life case studies prepare teachers for actual classroom situations.
- Numerous examples of teaching with-and about-Jewish values help create an atmosphere of kavod (respect) in the classroom.
- Checklists for administrative, interactive, and creative tasks help teachers build a productive working relationship with madrichim.
- Charts describing developmental stages, learning styles, and multiple intelligences allow teachers to better understand their students' behavior and learning potential.
- Explanations of learning differences and disabilities help teachers serve the needs of all children in the classroom.
- A "Focus on Text" section in each workshop presents the teacher's work through the lens of Jewish values, and grounds it in Jewish tradition.
There are no products in your shopping cart.