Behrman House Online Store
Shalom Alef Bet: A Pre-Primer for Shalom Uvrachah
A new, sophisticated level of reading readiness instruction - letter recognition and a gentle introduction to the vowels!
In 96 full-color pages, your students will become familiar with the Hebrew alphabet's letters and vowels. They will practice single-syllable letter-vowel combinations and systematically practice letter-to-sound and vowel-to-sound relationships.
Goals of Shalom Alef Bet!:
- Introduce the Hebrew letters and vowels
- Demonstrate that Hebrew is read from right to left
- Present single-syllable letter-vowel combinations
- Develop simple decoding skills
- Offer a basic cultural vocabulary
- Prepare students for entry into Shalom Uvrachah
Special features of Shalom Alef Bet!:
- Letters and vowels are presented in the same order as Shalom Uvrachah, offering a natural progression from pre-primer to primer.
- Special exercises help students master specific letter-sound and vowel-sound correspondence.
- New and innovative activities based on the latest research about foreign language phonics study accelerate letter recognition.
- Picture cues link new letters to heritage words (shofar for shin, bat mitzvah for bet, haggadah for hey).
- Tracing models reinforce Hebrew letters.
- Cumulative review and practices activities allow periodic monitoring of student progress.
- Interactive games (Rings, Bingo, Ladders) reinforce new material and encourage students' cooperative play.
Shalom Alef Bet! also includes:
- Board game for alef bet review
- Alef bet chart
- Certificate for completion of study
Your students will experience success as they take their first steps in reading acquisition with Shalom Alef Bet!, our innovative pre-primer!
There are no products in your shopping cart.