Behrman House Online Store
Alef Bet Quest: Interactive CD Edition
This book is only sold as a set. This set includes the book and interactive CD (not compatible with Macs). To purchase the Online Learning Center Edition Set, click here.
Alef Bet Quest was named by the Association of Educational Publishers as the winner of its 2010 Distinguished Achievement Award in World Language.
See all Alef Bet Quest educator resources.
NEW! Alef Bet Quest is also available in an Online Learning Center Edition. See it here!
Bring adventure and fun to the process of learning to read Hebrew.
Alef Bet Quest - the first multi-media Hebrew primer that fully integrates text-based lessons with computer software - teaches your students to decode Hebrew fluently while it sends them on a guided digital adventure through Israel. Students learn letters and vowels from key Jewish cultural words (matzah, havdalah, Yisrael, shofar, Moshe) as well as everyday Hebrew words (abba, ima, sabba, savta, mishpahah, shalom).
"Clues to the Quest" in the book motivate students to use the software at home, increasing Hebrew reading practice time as their adventure, the search for a missing golden Kiddush cup, unfolds. Students can also try out their new decoding skills on computer-based read-aloud activities that let them hear the Hebrew (in American and Israeli accents) and play online video games that reinforce their skills.
With Alef Bet Quest's integrated software, it's like having an in-home tutor for every child!
Alef Bet Quest provides:
- Fun for students. The fully integrated computer application will capture your students' imagination - and attention - with Hebrew video games.
- Enriched content. Lessons on decoding and fluency unfold against a backdrop of cultural and modern Hebrew vocabulary, with an online adventure that takes students on a 20-stop tour through Israel. Students will develop a connection to Israel as they learn to read.
- Extra time for Hebrew studies. Educators tell us that when students use interactive software they want to practice their Hebrew at home, creating additional instructional and practice time. Students will love playing the online video games to reinforce their new decoding skills. It's homework they will want to do!
- Easy implementation and complete support for teachers. No special teacher training is required. The annotated Teacher's Edition covers every aspect of the book and the digital application. One-click online assessment allows teachers to check students' progress easily. Students can also email their lesson summaries to their teacher.
- Flexibility. A matched workbook for script writing, and a Companion Reader that adds even more modern Hebrew vocabulary, let you tailor Alef Bet Quest to the needs of your school.
- Peace of mind. The book and CD come bound together. If students lose their CD or want to practice at a different computer, they can download a second copy of the digital application for free!
There are no products in your shopping cart.