Behrman House Online Store
Capturing the Moon: Classic and Modern Jewish Tales Retold
Rabbi Ed Feinstein narrates thirty-six classic and modern folktales that transmit our culture, inform our values, and educate our people. Stories take readers from ancient Israel, to the European shtetl, to modern day Israel and America. Each story concludes with questions that explore the story's themes and translate its lessons to the readers' lives.
The book is divided into six sections:
- What Really Matters in Life?: Stories about the real purposes of life
- Doing What's Right: Stories about our responsibilities toward one another and our communities
- It's Up to You: Stories about activism and taking a stand
- Teachers and Friends: Stories about the importance of leaders and role models
- Hidden Truths: Stories that teach us to look inside ourselves for answers
- The Miracle of Jewish Life: Stories about Jewish perseverance and the miracles that make our survival possible
A Values Index lets readers locate stories relevant to subjects as diverse as activism, collective responsibility, love and marriage, and self-discovery.
WAYS TO USE CAPTURING THE MOON:
- A valuable resource for sermons and divrei Torah or to read aloud dramatically in junior congregation, at retreats, and in family programs
- A useful tool for group discussion in adult education classes
- The perfect gift for life-cycle events, religious school graduation, and Confirmation
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Rabbi Feinstein is senior rabbi of Valley Beth Shalom in Encino, California and was recently selected by Newsweek magazine as one of America's 25 top pulpit rabbis. He serves on the faculties of the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies of the American Jewish University and the Wexner Heritage Program, and teaches at the Shalom Hartman Institute. Rabbi Feinstein is the author of Tough Questions Jews Ask and editor of Jews and Judaism in the 21st Century, both National Jewish Book Award finalists.
There are no products in your shopping cart.